Sunday, June 04, 2006

Taking stock

About one and a half years back, I'd made a post on some resolutions. Lets see how I've fared...
1. I shall substantially cut down on the number of phone calls I make. Whoever wants to talk to me can call.
Achieved completely. My cell bills have gone down about 3 times.
2. If I really want anything done right and on time I shall do it myself. I have realized that most people I know are foolish, inefficient or utterly irresponsible .. or all of these
A very good resolution in the first place. And yes, have more or less stuck to it.
3. All the answers lie within me. I shall therefore not seek any advise.
Of course this is not meant to be taken very literally. But yes, have adhered to the spirit of the resolution.
4. To those who are nice to me, I shall be ten times nicer, and to those who are rude, ten times as rude. This is subject to certain considerations.
Correct. Everyone gets as they deserve.
5. I shall learn how to cook and shall have at least one meal a week which is made by me.
Umm.. i did manage to make a complete meal all by myself.. but only once! Anyways, the context has changed now. I am now assistant to a more able cook :)
6. I shall read at least one book every month.
Noo... not happening... but am striving.. will do this. Its not at all a difficult target.
7. I shall know the girl I’m going to get married to by Dec 2005.
Need I say I told you so? ;)
8. Contrary to whatever else anyone says, girls fall for smooth talking uncaring bastards fully aware of what they are. Well, whatever the customer wants
Not applicable for evalution now due to obvious reasons.
9. I shall go to office on time.
Hah, you wish! Actually I've shifted jobs and now its sort of flexitiming, so not relevant
10. I shall go to the gym regularly
Serious failure here. Remains on my resolution list as pending.
11. I shall minimize procrastination of all kind, especially that relating to domestic/other chores.
Slight improvement here, but leaves a lot to be desired.
Hey not bad overall. Well done! I'm off. Shall now go and treat myself on some raisin nutties.


Comments:
Aaaah! So you finished the nutties!!!

Such a cute post :)
 
Abe... Fundae Bas Kar Chuthiye...

LOL.
 
Seema: nope they are not over (which you have obviously discovered by now) and even if they were be happy in the fact that they now reside in someone who will take great care of them :))

AC: Yes. Fundae bandh. Fun day shuru.
 
Well let me remind u u haven't been 10 times nicer to me.

And hope u keeping ur cook happy.

Point 7, well u got that right and point 8 agree with u completely. Now that u feel better that I agree with u, go have somemore raisin nutties.
 
hi man!!

i have been reading ur blog for quite sometimes!!!i just thought i'll give a link to ur blog from mine!!hope u won't mind it!!!i'm jus givin u freee publicity(u already have it though)!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Media Center
Media Center