Monday, March 16, 2009

London diaries - I

This piece of strawberry cheesecake is just not getting over. Instead of the usually slim and trim triangle that they serve you in India, I have in front of me a hatta katta triangle which boasts of being a brick. I'm having coffee in between to make this manageable, but I shall have to give up soon.

My company has to my utter surprise decided to send me off on a week's trip to the UK and possibly another week in the US right after. The weather at this time of the year is quite nice - its cold but not numbingly cold... I went out without my overcoat today in just my suit, but felt a bit chilly and may take the overcoat afterall. I've been told not to trust the wine, women and weather here. Women and weather i understand, but wine?... I'm going to be having 5-6 meetings of an hour each everyday and am going to be saying much the same stuff in each meeting. Its quite boring stuff, but I aint complaining because sitting in office working is also quite boring.

I'm not the type who can roam about a new city on my own hence regret not having any kind of company here. Am hopefully going out with some office guys tomorrow evening. The hotel guys have offered me a pick of one free item of laundry a day or 50% discount on F&B or free internet. You know which one i've picked.

I'm in love with the london cabs like ive not been in love with any car before. They are so cute and rugged at the same time. And the're so huge (legroom double that of an omni) yet they dont seem intimidating at all.

This city is so expensive. Yesterday i ordered a spiced sea bass - it cost me 25 pounds and it fit in my left molar with space to spare! I had to order a sandwich to fill my stomach. Chalo enuf for now - will post something equally mundane tomorrow.


Comments:
fish n chips and fuller's london porter dear, you won't have much cause to complain
 
Get me one of those cabs, I wouldn't have sit in the stuffy smelly Mumbai cabs anymore.

Wine, WOMEN and weather huh? Wait till you get back!
 
dont worry about women.. i told arjun to show me night life in london.. i figured out frm him that its not possible to just go there and see.. u need to participate.. so i said ditch it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Media Center
Media Center