Sunday, December 04, 2005

Random Ramblings

Some words in the English lexicon fascinate me. They inspire me to make some additions to the existing uselessly abundant two million words in the English language (most people know around 10-15K)For example, ‘forte’. It is supposed to mean a niche area at which one is good at. Each person should have something he can call his forte. But often the best laid plans fall flat on their backs. One should therefore have a backup plan, which henceforth be called ‘fort b’.

How long does it take to know someone well? It varies. In some cases six months may not be enough, and in others six weeks may be sufficient. I often hear the phrases ‘take it slowly’, ‘go step by step’ and ‘get to know each other first’ a bit too often for my liking. Your concern is appreciated. Thanks but no thanks.

New job is ok. The people around are very nice, and I have an office social life which is not mandatory, yet I have it. The work is not too good yet, but I expect it to improve soon. Anyways, I’d rather have a not bad work life and an awesome love life than a lousy love life and an awesome work life ;p


Comments:
:)
 
as you get older your forte becomes your fifte.
 
hmmmm...sometimes it just takes a split second ...depends when the split second comes and realization dawnson you
 
CC - I split so many seconds... nothing dawned... not even realization :( ... can u teach me to do that :p
 
tu abhi naya khiladi hai beta ... tera number bhi aayega.
 
how do you split seconds?...i know how you can split atoms....or maybe when u ask for a second portion and share it with a friend....would that be a split second?
 
Shanti bacha log, shanti!
 
eyyy, hum shanti ke bacche nahin hain!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Media Center
Media Center